제주대학교 Repository

A STUDY ON THE POLICY DIRECTION OF COFFEE PRODUCTION IN VIETNAM

Metadata Downloads
Author(s)
NGUYEN, THI BICH NGOC
Issued Date
2018
URI
http://dcoll.jejunu.ac.kr/common/orgView/000000008593
Abstract
Vietnam is the second largest coffee producing and exporting country in the world, only after Brazil. Brazil is famous for producing Arabica coffee whereas Vietnam is famous for producing Robusta coffee. Currently, Vietnam mainly produces and exports green coffees which account at 90% of total coffee production and the remaining 10% is processed coffee. This is a big problem of the Vietnam's coffee industry since the value of one unit of processed coffee is threefold higher than one unit of green coffee. The main purpose of this research is to clarify current status of the Vietnamese coffee industry; what problems are existing; from that find out the way to improve the Vietnam's coffee industry. In addition, this research aims to clarify Korean behavior about Vietnamese coffee, understand their tastes and thoughts; and the tendency to consume Vietnamese coffee. There are two main models are applied in this study in order to clarify the two mentioned purpose above. One is AHP model and another one is Logit model. AHP model is used in the decision making of which are the best methods to solve the current problems as well as improve the Vietnamese coffee industry. By contrast, Logit model is used to clarify which factors effect on consumer's decision making when they purchase Vietnamese coffee.
Affiliation
제주대학교 일반대학원
Department
대학원 농업경제학과
Awarded Date
2018. 8
Table Of Contents
CHAPTER 1
INTRODUCTION1
1.1 Research Background1
1.2 Problem Discussion 2
1.3 Research Objective 3
1.4 Delimitation4
1.5 Research Organization4
CHAPTER 2
CURRENT STATUS OF COFFEE INDUSTRY IN VIETNAM6
2.1 Brief Introduction about Coffee6
2.2 Current Status of World Coffee7
2.2.1 Production and Price7
2.2.2 Export and Import 14
2.2.3 Consumption 17
2.3 Current Status of Vietnamese Coffee19
2.3.1 Production and Price 19
2.3.2 Export and Import 25
2.3.3 Consumption29
CHAPTER 3
ANALYTIC METHODOLOGY39
3.1 Theoretical Review 39
3.1.1 Definition39
3.1.2 Relevant Theory of This Study40
3.2 Analysis Procedure 53
3.2.1 Research Process53
3.2.2 Method of Collecting Data54
CHAPTER 4
CONSUMER PREFERENCE OF VIETNAMESE COFFEE IN SOUTH KOREA57
4.1 Questionnaire Design57
4.2 Independent and Dependent Variables 57
4.3 Analysis Results58
CHAPTER 5
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY FOR VIETNAMESE COFFEE INDUSTRY66
5.1 AHP Model Contents66
5.2 AHP Model Results and Analysis69
5.3 Conclusion73
CHAPTER 6
SUMMARY AND POLICY IMPLICATION 75
REFERENCES77
Degree
Master
Publisher
제주대학교 일반대학원
Citation
NGUYEN, THI BICH NGOC. (2018). A STUDY ON THE POLICY DIRECTION OF COFFEE PRODUCTION IN VIETNAM
Type
Dissertation
Appears in Collections:
General Graduate School > Agricultural Economics
Authorize & License
  • AuthorizeOpen
Files in This Item:

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.