제주대학교 Repository

濟州 스코리아를 活用한 濟州 甕器의 現代的 實用에 관한 硏究

Metadata Downloads
Author(s)
金珍希
Publication Year
2020
URI
http://dcoll.jejunu.ac.kr/common/orgView/000000009439
Abstract
The objective of this study is to suggest the modern utilization of Jeju Onggi suitable for the modern aesthetics and use by applying it to the pottery work after defining the concept of modern utilization and then developing the onggi clay and pigment by using Jeju soil, onggi soil, and Scoria through the analysis on the production aspect and problems of Jeju Onggi.
As an island formed by the volcanic eruption, Jeju has its own unique materials that could not be found in any other regions. Also, the volcanic eruption and geographical environment worked as causes for the different elements and characteristics of Jeju soil in each region. Total 70% of Jeju soil is composed of volcanic ash soil while the rest 30% is composed of non-volcanic ash soil that could be used for the pottery work. Currently, the high-quality non-volcanic ash soil is self-sufficiently collected from Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si which is the western area of Jeju, and then used for the onggi work. However, due to the small-scale individual production of soil and difficulties in collection and supply/demand of soil, it is difficult to draw the uniform outputs in the pottery work, which is working as a cause for not being able to vitalize Jeju Onggi. Also, as the work is performed without thinking about the measures for the new modernization of Jeju Onggi, its application to the pottery work through the research on materials and modern utilization, could expand the utilization range of materials and also draw the diversification of work as a beginning to create the newness.
Thus, after setting up the research subject as Scoria, and then developing the onggi clay and pigment in the processes as follows, this study suggested the modern utilization of Jeju Onggi by applying it to the pottery work.
In the concrete research processes, first, this study analyzed the formation process of Jeju and the characteristics of Jeju Scoria through literary review, and then considered the origin, development process, and the characteristics of Jeju Onggi.
Second, after analyzing the production aspect and problems of Jeju Onggi based on the theoretical consideration and drawing the concept of modern utilization, this study sought for the practical utilization direction of Jeju Onggi by considering the modern aesthetics and practicality.
Third, before the development of design, this study carried out the development of clay and pigment by using the material of Jeju to effectively express it. In the experiment for the development of clay, this study collected/ground the sample of soil from Sinpyeong-ri with high content of iron, and then made the basic soil by mixing it with the fine onggi soil of Goryeo Pottery. And then, by producing specimen in accordance with changes in the ratio of black oreum Scoria and comparatively analyzing the results in accordance with changes in firing temperature, this study established the onggi clay data.
In the experiment for the development of pigment, after collecting the sample of Scoria from red oreum and then creating the pigment in the division of differences in particle size of Scoria, changes of composition ratio, and changes in the operating hours of ball mill, this study analyzed the characteristics and then drew the ideal sample.
Lastly, based on the research on materials and correct understanding of Jeju Onggi, this study reinterpreted Jeju Onggi and also suggested a new design equipped with the modern aesthetics and practicality. In other words, this study materialized the modern utilization of Jeju Onggi by applying the design suitable for the modern aesthetics and use through changes of color in accordance with Scoria ratio and firing temperature, with the use of clay and pigment that have shown the ideal results in preceding researches.
Affiliation
제주대학교 산업대학원
Department
산업대학원 산업디자인학과
Advisor
오창윤
Awarded
2020. 2
Table Of Contents
Summary Ⅴ
Ⅰ. 서론 1
1. 연구배경 및 목적 1
2. 연구방법 및 범위 3
Ⅱ. 이론적 고찰
1. 제주 스코리아(Scoria)의 이해 4
1) 제주의 형성과 스코리아 4
2) 제주 스코리아의 특징 5
2. 제주옹기의 이해 7
1) 제주옹기의 기원과 발전과정 7
2) 제주옹기의 특징 11
Ⅲ. 제주옹기의 제작 양상과 현대적 실용
1. 제주옹기의 제작 양상과 문제점 14
2. 제주옹기의 현대적 실용 20
Ⅳ. 제주 스코리아(Scoria)를 활용한 소지 및 안료 개발
1. 소지(素地)실험 및 분석 23
1) 소지개발 실험 23
2) 소지실험 결과 분석 26
2. 안료(顔料)실험 및 분석 28
2) 안료개발 실험 28
3) 안료실험 결과 분석 32
Ⅴ. 제주옹기의 현대적 실용 연구 및 적용
1. 디자인 계획 36
2. 제작과정 37
3. 시작품 설명 39
Ⅵ. 결론 53
Ⅶ. 참고문헌 56
Degree
Master
Publisher
제주대학교 산업대학원
Citation
金珍希. (2020). 濟州 스코리아를 活用한 濟州 甕器의 現代的 實用에 관한 硏究
Type
Dissertation
Appears in Collections:
Industrial Design > ETC
Authorize & License
  • AuthorizeOpen
Files in This Item:

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.